Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Tell me. Anyone. What the fuck am I here for? Myself? I don't think so. I was sitting here the other day helping someone write a philosophy paper, when I read some philosophers thoughts about how its all about maximizing your own personal happiness. Selfish prick. Because I personally think that you should be happy of course, but at the same time bring a smile to the faces around you. I dunno I get some sort of satisfaction from seeing that people are happy. Why is that? Maybe because there is way to much sadness in the world. Too much dark and not enough light, and the way we are progressing as a people just hurts my heart. We are all capable of so much and it will just never blossom the way it should.

I guess thats why I do what I can for myself. You can't save everyone. But you can go about trying to better people one person at a time. I try to do that shit on a daily basis. Some people take it to heart, some people just acknowledge it, some people spit it out like a bad taste.

To the person on my left
Shake my hand
I am just a friend
Share a story
Sit awhile
How is it over there?
Its not the same as here
To the person on my right
Welcome to my world
Show me yours
Tell me of your travels
I'll share some of mine
And as we speak
Like keeps flowing

No comments: