Sunday, August 3, 2008

Windy Cities

There's my life, then there's my pain
through windy cities, and the sugar canes
I've been sitting on a broken throne
an aging king with a shattered crown
pondering the pieces of peace
that shriek out to me
but they are so far beyond my reach
that they evaporate without a trace

There's something about this chasm
that is consuming me, oh so slowly
like a flesh eating illness
stripping away at my body to the bone within
exposing my evils thoughts and the sins
I've been trying to make up for
since the day I danced with angels

There's my love, then there's my hate
for whatever this has become
the things it has forced me to face
the nightmares filled with lost ghosts
the faces and places that I set on fire
with my own bare hands
sitting there somberly as ashes
sprinkle my tear stained face

There's something about my emotions
that erupt from within the depths
of a polluted ocean of moments
dirtied by the deeds of such disdain
as the better angels of my nature
try to fend off the tide of the predestined
as it brutally quakes beneath me

No comments: