Sunday, December 16, 2012

Second Chances

I was slipping into the darkness
sitting on the edge of the fence
bickering with the grinning devil and the angels
that circled my mind with hands outreached

I can't remember the conversation
but I remember the sun cracking the dark
and the sky flashed bright and bold
exposing amber eyes watching me

I remember staring lost in oblivion
and the darkness returned crushing me
under the fist of depression and despair
as I slowly sank once more into the abyss

I was lost for what felt like a century
wandering the icy cold trying to find warmth
drinking from poisoned rivers and vomiting
and the sky flashed once again bright and bold

I recall the sun breaking free of her chains
followed by the love of your smiles and touch
and the voice that guided me to the surface
as I pierced the crisp air of a new dawn

No comments: