Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Giver

I tried to be the giver and be true to a selfness nature
so I opened my heart and I allowed a canary to perch
in the most vulnerable of spots, and I whistled along
as she sung her song at the break of each dawn

I guess what I fed her wasn't enough, so she flew
up and away into the breaching sun ever bright
ever punishing with its warmth, never eternal
only found in cycles of cosmic calendars

I tried, I really did to admit my flaws as a person
calling out to the bird to return, and perch once more
but self awareness wasn't enough so the perch lay empty
devoid of any song and siren with a scar yet to heal

So I give myself to the future of my progress
always shifting always in motion working for colors
that have yet to be named, but found in northern lights
walking the desert with the intent to find simple treasures

No comments: