Friday, October 12, 2007

Acknowledge

Let me tell you something, a little something something
The constant buzz of uneasiness that continues to ring
Inside my chest, inside my head, pumping from my heart
Give me a paintbrush, give me a palette, let me create art
Of lyrical nonsense that actually might just make sense
And get past your thick head, that has left you so dense

So you take these tools and build your gargantuan walls
Day in and day out- they stand impenetrable- so tall
But you got these defenses as a test for the best
Building layers upon layers without a moment's rest
Will I stand still, in silence, and let them get taller?
Or will I tear them down and make them much smaller?

I got news for you darling, my dearest pretty eyes
The tall wall is just a transparent disgusting disguise
A layer of truths, you yourself buried under such dull lies
I'll tear them down and show you, your inner bright skies
This isn't about wanting you to feel for me and be mine
But for you to acknowledge the patterns of your own design

So here I weep deep within, walking alongside my shadow
As the progress once made starts to crawl and creep oh so slow
As we journey this path, the rivers of life continue to flow
So, friend- run alongside the riverbed- trying to catch yourself
Just remember, karma, these moments will return themselves
This is one book you can’t ignore no matter where it’s shelved

No comments: