Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Amber

I've been siting on the fence
long enough to understand
the pain, the fear, the tears
the doubt pouring from years
of personal dissapointments

In the dark, there must always be light
and so you say you're scared daily
a bit disturbed, a bit confused
asking yourself that question;
where do I go from here?

The answer is simple
follow your gut, your heart
and let the dream guide you
to the talent that resides
behind those amber eyes

You say you got played
but players only get played
when they are playing
and satan only laughs
when you let him

I got poetry tattoed up my sleeves
and scars to carry a hundred souls
past whatever elegant illusions
the people of this world
have come to believe

I've been fighting with words
with the fury of a thousand suns
feeling stuck in the mud
of my mind, unsatisfied, unmoved
but, the ice has melted
and once again I can breath

Amber, is the color I see
reflecting off the diamond
hidden in the rough
Don't get it twisted or tangled
Just because you say it isn't so
doesn't mean I can't appreciate
the beauty of your energy

No comments: