Saturday, January 19, 2013

Flawless

Your face is utter perfection
a picture so perfect that I could get lost
in between the dribble of dense dreams
and the bitterness of an expanding reality
when it hammers down with such fury

Your face is the ocean so deep
holding abundant life in the depths of eyes
beyond sublime, beyond a masterpiece
amber pools that reflect my soul back at me
when I find myself floating in a nebula

Your face is the joy that drives the beat
to a worn out heart, the survivor of battles
that left scars that have yet to fully heal
and the tug of strings to an instrument
that I have always played, but never touched

Your face is the temple that holds the secrets
of a golden goddess, and the lips crafted from
the finest silk, all the while your hair flows
in a hundred different breezes, and your ears
and nose remind me why time is precious

Your face is the warmth that soothes me
during the vivid nightmares that stalk me
as I lay awake in the shrill cold of night,
and that also greet me each morning when I
gaze upon one of God's flawless creations

No comments: